Monday 10 October 2011

Lemon Sea Salt Scrub!

I LOVE LEMON. It's so good for face scrubs, masks, cuticles, hair, mosturizers, and everything under a rock!

Anyways, I recently found a website using Stumble Upon, and I loved it. It had all these great craft ideas, recipes, home decor, health and beauty and pretty much everything i really love to do. I'll post a URL down in tags if you would like to check it out. And I seriously recommend it!
While on this website, i found the best recipe for a Scrub. And bonus, it was lemon. So I made it! And I have to tell you, it works like a charm. My hands are as smooth as a babies bottom! It's such a simple recipe too, its inexpensive and you can probably find everything you need standing around in your kitchen. So here's the recipe, and if you aren't as fond of lemon as i am, you can subtitue it for esential oils. Some of my favorite are Jasmin, Basil, Bergamot Oil, Camphor Oil (which is great for colds) Ginger, Juniper, Tea Tree Oil, and Lemon Grass. So feel free to substitue for your favorite oil, and write me back with your own scrub recipe! Enjoy!

Lemon rind and juice
Sea Salt
Warm Water
Jar (sizes range on the amount of scrub you want)

Directions: Grate lemon ring  into bottom of jar. You want to get the whole lemon, so nothing is left out. The rind will add a simple burst of fragrence, and help keep your salt from seperating. Now, cut your lemon in half, using a fork, work out as much juice as you can. It's okay if you get some seeds in there! Once you have all your juice, you want to add about the same amount of warm water and stir. Sprinkle your sea salt into the mixture, adding about a tablespoon evertime and stirring. Keep adding sea salt until you get a nice scrub consistancy. Keep in mind that you don't want your scrub to be runny! Now you are ready to apply and relax!


Brookeknowsbest

No comments:

Post a Comment